Monday, September 8, 2014

New artist discovery! (Chris Wildgoose)

Hello Internet!

Sorry for that last hasty post. I'm just learning digital illustration, and thus, illustrator. Sooo The pen tool is taking a lot longer than I'd anticipated.

But, during the weekend I found this fantastic comic book inker on Instagram named Chris Wildgoose, and luckily, he has a blog (using this same page) riiiiight here.

What I like about his art is the balance between realistic proportions, and cartoonish expressions that I want to achieve in my art one day. He reminds me a little of Chad Hardin's recent run on Harley Quinn over at DC.

Wildgoose's instagram handle is @MRRIKTUS and it's packed with awesome pencils and inks, as well as progress videos, and he seems like an overall nice guy.

No pics this time, (I'd love to post some of his work, just to show you, but I'm a little unclear on what I can and can't post regarding stuff that isn't mine, so his artwork is just a couple clicks away!) 

Just letting you all know I'm still alive, and really wanted to share this artist I discovered! 

Thanks!

-Lantern

No comments:

Post a Comment