Thursday, August 28, 2014

I exist! (an introduction)

Hello Internet!

So I'm pretty pumped. I've got this new blog going, and I couldn't start it at a more exciting time in my art career:

THE BEGINNING!

Okay so on the surface, it looks like I've got absolutely nothing going on, I'm just another art student with a crappy portfolio trying to get that fancy piece of paper that says "Hey look! The last few years of my life were very expensive!" But that is not the case!

This semester is the beginning of a whole new outlook. I'm going to make my portfolio sparkle! I'm gonna learn all I can about my industry! And finally, I'm gonna get someone out there to notice that my art exists!

(I know, I know... it's not a huge goal, but we've gotta start somewhere, right?)

Oh, where are my manners? Here I am going on and on about not being another face in the crowd, and I haven't even introduced myself.

My name's Gabe! Carrasco.  (the exclamation mark is necessary), but my close, artsy friends I work with simply call me Lantern. (and I've come to rather enjoy the nickname)

Anyway... back to me existing and what-not, (as the title of this entry is called) I exist! and although it seems like the most obvious statement one can make, the trick is getting your industry to acknowledge your existence.

I've applied to a few internships over the summer, hoping to get at the very least, an interview, but to no avail. Two major cartoon industries here in LA both gave me the digital cold shoulder. But meh, I don't blame them. There's a lotta guys out there who's dream is to draw for a living, and this is my first real attempt at existing, which means I'll only get better from here, right?

Anyway, I feel like I've rambled on enough for one post, and you all get the hang of how these entries will go (or at least what the plan is). A lot of conversation-style monologues (a lot of interjecting parenthetical comments), a little gumption, a little this a little that,

oh, and some art!
It's like a fox and a bear had a baby.
(and then that baby grew up and became violent)


Thanks for sticking around!

-Lantern

No comments:

Post a Comment