Sunday, August 31, 2014

labor day weekend! (end of week 1)

Hello Internet!

Unfortunately, I didn't get into the Friday class I wanted/needed/could probably take next semester, and I was pretty bummed. I was seriously looking forward to learning about drawing heads and hands, buuuuutt the good news is, I got into an even better, more relevant class! Sequential Art!!

So being the future comic book superstar that I am, Sequential Art is essentially 
Lantern's Future Career 101 (or rather, 367). 

This class looks so freaking amazing. I get to pitch a couple comic ideas that have been floating around in my head, I get more practice on my inking skills, improve my visual story-telling, improve my portfolio; making it more relevant to my field, and basically get a first-hand look into the industry that will one day be paying my bills. (And the professor is pretty cool too.)



Mickey Mouse and George Lucas's newest addition to the Disney family. 
(Mickey, the years have not been kind.)


Other classes include graphic design (where I have no idea what I'm doing... yet), life drawing (but painting), and of course, digital illustration (with that same pretty cool professor). 

As cool as all these classes are, I've got a ridiculous amount of homework, so I'm gonna go ahead and start on that. I'll keep you all posted! (Next up, my 6 best pieces of art).

-Lantern

No comments:

Post a Comment